Features & Benefits
- Positive mechanical lock that is not dependent on lubricants or plating for repeatability.
- Keyway stress concentrations are eliminated.
- Internal serrations of washer mates with serrated shaft.
- Achieves precise preload - serrations provide adjustment that eliminates back-off or over-torque.
- Designed with either inference fit or clearance fit.
- External lugs of serrated washer engages slots of nut.
- Maintains fatique strength at reduced weight. External serrations in the nonload carrying portion of the thread. Eliminates keyways allowing reduction of shaft wall thickness or diameter.
- Spiral retaining ring feeds into internal groove of nut to provide positive retention of washer.
- Nut, washer, and spiral retaining ring supplied as separate components.
- Can be designed in various wrenching configurations.
- Inference type where there is high RPM and/or load reversals.
- Where achieving precise preload is critical and existting nuts cannot provide adequate adjustment.
- Where weight reduction is a priority and shaft wall thickness or diameter can be reduced.
- Where a positive mechanical lock is required.
Serrations - Interference Fit
Inference fit is provided by Shur-lok design.
Shaft Bolt Serrations
Broaching serrations of shaft/bolt is required. For installation and removal of locknuts and lockwashers contact Shur-Lok for technical sales bulletin TSB0001.
- .500 inch and larger.
- Metric sizes available on request.
View our technical sales bulletins, quality certificates, catalogs, and manuals.