Features & Benefits
- Positive Mechanical Lock that is not dependent on lubricants or plating for repeatability.
- Achieves precise preload - serrations provide adjustment that eliminates back-off or over-torque.
- Typically interchangeable with most castellated nuts.
- External serrations on nut mates with internal serrations of cap.
- Serration clearance for ease of cap installation and removal.
- Can be designed in various wrenching configurations.
- Use sealant for applications with minor vibration.
- Free-running nut minimizes thread damage on mating part.
Where achieving precise preload is critical and castellated nuts cannot provide adequate adjustment.
Hex-cap is first used to thread and wrench serrated nut, then remounted to align its slots with keyhole in shaft. Cotter key is then fitted to lock assembly. Broaching serrations on shaft not required, as nut is locked with cotter pins. For installation and removal contact Shur-Lok for technical sales bulletin TSB0005.
Serrations - Clearance
Clearance fit is provided by Shur-Lok Design.
- .312 inch and larger.
- Metric sizes available on request.
View our technical sales bulletins, quality certificates, catalogs, and manuals.